Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thing 3 - Creating Your Personal Brand

This is going to be an ongoing project for a while I think.  I have googled myself, and there are oodles of Kelly Pattons in the world.  At least three Kelly Pattons in Houston and more than one or two Kelly Jean Pattons in the United States.  However, if I google "Kelly Patton, Houston" or "Kelly Patton Librarian" I find myself in the top ten.

I try to use a fairly, conservative, current photo on my professional sites, and I'm changing them all to the same colors (I decided to use purples and greens from a tartan in the family tree.)  I'm not terribly comfortable with cutesy nicknames, but since my name is so common, I'm wondering if I shouldn't find a "title" for myself.  It's something worth thinking about.

I'm also thinking of designing a personal logo.  I have done some graphic design work in my life, but it's difficult when you are designing a personal logo rather than a targeted (business) logo.  Something I'm still thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment