Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thing 1 - Starting Over

Blame it on the Holidays.  I got completely sidetracked in November and then started taking an actual face to face class in database searching which was really difficult, but fantastic. 

I'm also about three poems shy of a poetry book that I've been working on forever, and I'm working on a dissertation proposal, I think.  I'm not certain that's what it's going to be.  It may end up being a blog or a book. 

In any case, it is about overhauling - completely overhauling, not simply reforming public education PK-12.  I'm not ready to take on the higher educational system yet.  But, I do think I have seen an amazing amount of dysfunction in elementary and secondary education.  Unfortunately, until and unless some common sense is imposed on the system, or built into a new version of it, it will simply continue to get worse.

In the meantime, I'm trying to learn as many things as I can that are relevant to library services of any kind, K-12, Academic, Public, Archival, etc.  I have always wanted to be a librarian and I will be one wherever I can.  So, I'm committed to learning as learning as many things as I can about as many areas of librarianship as possible.

Besides.  I just like learning new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment